The Add Subtitles to Video tool allows you to translate subtitles or captions automatically. You can generate and translate the generated subtitles right away. Or you can create the subtitles manually or from an .SRT file and translate them afterward.
Please note that we only do hard subtitles. Hard subtitles are burned in, or hard-coded, as an overlay over your video and cannot be turned off or on later in a player.
- Go to the Add Subtitles tool.
To add your video file, do one of the following:
- Click Choose file to select a file from your device.
- Drag and drop a file from a folder on your computer or laptop to the webpage.
- Hover over the arrow to the right of the button to select a file from your Google Drive, Google Photos, or Dropbox.
Add and translate subtitles
To generate subtitles automatically and translate them right away, do the following:
- Click the Auto subtitles button (this option is only available for registered users).
- Select the original language of subtitles and the language you need to translate them to, and then click Generate.
When you generate and translate subtitles right away, your project will have the translated subtitles only. To keep the original subtitles, choose the original language and Do not translate. To download the original subtitles as an .SRT file before translating, in the right-side pane, select the Subtitles tab and click the ↓ SRT icon.
To create subtitles manually or from an .SRT file and translate them, do the following:
- Click Add manually or Upload .SRT.
- Create or edit the uploaded subtitles if necessary.
- To translate the created subtitles, in the right-side pane, select the Subtitles tab and click Translate.
- Select the language you need to translate your subtitles to, and then click Translate.
When you translate the subtitles, the translated subtitles replace the original ones. To download the original subtitles as an .SRT file before translating, in the right-side pane, select the Subtitles tab and click the ↓ SRT icon.