The Resize Video tool allows you to change the size of a video. The tool includes custom resizing options, as well as social media presets. You can also crop the video to fill or fit the selected frame, change its background settings, and save it in a different format.
- Go to the Resize Video tool.
To add your video, do one of the following:
- Click Choose file to select a file from your device.
- Drag and drop a video file from a folder on your computer or laptop to the webpage.
- Hover over the arrow to the right of the button to select a file from your Google Drive or Dropbox cloud storage.
Once you uploaded the file, in the Resize for section to the right of the preview, do one of the following:
- To resize using the predefined presets, select the social media you need in the upper drop-down list and the post type in the bottom one.
The tool changes the size only. However, some social media have specific requirements for video duration. If you select a preset and your file does not meet these requirements, we will let you know about this in a pop-up message. You can click OK and continue editing your video. It does not influence the tool's work. You can change the duration in our Cut Video or Merge Video tools later if you need to.
- To specify the size manually, select the Custom option in the upper drop-down list, choose the aspect ratio in the bottom one and insert the video height or width to the corresponding box (the second parameter will adjust automatically). Disable the Constrain proportions icon between the height and width boxes to set both dimensions manually.
Change crop settings
If you have black bars along the top and bottom or left and right of your video, in the Crop options section, do one of the following:
- Click Fill to fill the entire frame with the video, scale, and crop it if required.
- Select Fit to fit the entire video without cropping within the frame and add black bars if required.
- Click the Zoom in or Zoom out icons to zoom the video in or out.
- Click the Arrow cross icon and use the arrows to move the video within the frame.
- Click the Background color icon to change the color of the bars or blur them.
Change export formats
To change the export format, select the file type of your choice in the Format list at the bottom.
If you select a social media preset, you will see the supported formats only.
Export and save your video
- To resize the file and apply other changes, click the Export button at the bottom right and wait for the process to complete.
Once you have exported the project, on the result page, you can do one of the following:
- To review the file, click the Play icon in the Preview pane.
- To remove the watermark, click Remove watermark (you will proceed to the Pricing page to buy a Clideo Pro plan).
- To save the file to your device, click Download.
- To save the file to your Google Drive or Dropbox storage account, hover over or click the arrow to the right of the Download button.
- To return to editing, click Edit.
- To proceed with editing in another Clideo tool, under Continue in…, select one of the icons (a Clideo Pro plan is required).