The Add music to Video tool allows you to add an alternative soundtrack to your video. You can trim the audio track, adjust its volume, as well as the volume of the sound of your original video.
Add a video file
- Go to the Add Music to Video tool.
To add your video file, do one of the following:
- Click Choose files to select a file from your device.
- Drag and drop a file from a folder on your computer or laptop to the webpage.
- Hover over the arrow to the right of the button to select files from your Google Drive, Google Photos, or Dropbox.
You cannot add an audio file at this step. First, upload a video file.
Add an audio file
To add an audio file, in the right pane, do one of the following:
- Click Add audio to select a file from your device.
- Hover over the arrow to the right of the Add audio button to select a file from your Google Drive or Dropbox cloud storage.
To delete the added audio file, click the x icon.
Change audio settings
Once you have added the audio file, in the right pane, you can edit its settings:
- To set the start point of your audio track, enter the appropriate time code in the Start at field.
To select a part of the soundtrack you want to use, click Trim audio, and, in the trimming pop-up screen, specify the start and end points of the track: drag the yellow handles in the track timeline or type the exact timestamps below the timeline.
Click the Trim button to save the changes.
- To adjust the volume of the sound of your video and audio tracks, move the sliders to increase or decrease the volume level.
- If the audio duration is shorter than the video file, you will see the Loop icon with the infinity symbol next to the Volume icon. Click it if you want the audio track to repeat until the end of the video.
Change export format
To change the export format, select the file type of your choice in the Format list at the bottom.
Export and save a video file
- To merge the files, click the Export button at the bottom right and wait for the process to complete.
Once you have exported the project, on the result page, you can do one of the following:
- To review the file, click the Play icon in the Preview pane.
- To remove the watermark, click Remove watermark (you will proceed to the Pricing page to buy a Clideo Pro plan).
- To save the file to your device, click Download.
- To save the file to your Google Drive or Dropbox storage account, hover over the arrow to the right of the Download button.
- To return to editing, click Edit.
- To proceed with editing in another Clideo tool, under Continue in…, select one of the icons (a Clideo Pro plan is required).