The Resize Video app for iOS allows you to change the size of a video. The app includes custom resizing options, as well as social media presets. You can also crop a video to fill or fit the selected frame and change its background settings.
Before you begin
Download and install the Resize Video app from the App Store
- Open the Resize Video app, and tap the Plus icon to add your video.
- Choose the video from your camera roll or tap the Camera icon at the top right to film a new video.
To resize the video, do one of the following:
To choose one of the predefined aspect ratios, do the following:
In the social media bar, select the icon of your choice. Swipe left or right to see all available options.
In the presets bar above, tap the preset title and select the preset of your choice.
To set the width and height manually, tap Custom, and do one of the following:
- Choose one of the predefined aspect ratios. Swipe left or right to see all available options.
- Specify the exact size in pixels. To keep the aspect ratio of the video, tap the Constrain proportions icon.
To crop your video, tap Crop options at the bottom and do one of the following:
- Pinch with two fingers to zoom in or out the video
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the Fill icon to crop the video and fill the selected frame without black bars or Fit to fit the selected frame with black bars if the video has a different aspect ratio.
- To adjust the bars' color, switch to Background and select Blur or any color of your choice. Swipe left or right to see all available options.
- Tap the blue checkmark icon to save the crop settings.
Tap the Export icon at the top right and then do one of the following:
- To review the video, tap the Play icon. To see the full-screen preview, tap the Full-screen icon to the right of the player slider, and tap the Full-screen exit icon to return to the standard view.
- Tap Save. If you do not have a Clideo Pro subscription, a watermark will be added to your video.
- If you want to remove the watermark, tap Save without watermark (you will proceed to the Pricing page to buy a Clideo Pro plan).
Do not lock the screen or switch to other apps during the saving process.
Once you have saved the file, you can do one of the following:
- To return to editing, tap Back at the top left.
- To view all your projects, tap the four squares icon at the top right.
- To view the downloaded file in your Photos, tap Show in Gallery.
- To create a new video, tap Create New Project.
- To share the file, select the social media of your choice or tap Share Video at the bottom.