The Compress Video app for iOS allows you to reduce the size of your video. There are several compression modes with an option to mute the video.
Before you begin
Download and install the Compress Video app from the App Store.
- Open the Compress Video app, and tap the Plus icon.
- Choose the video from your camera roll or tap the Camera icon at the top right to film a new video.
Change compress settings
Once you have uploaded the video, you can select one of the compression options:
- Basic compression: This mode works offline and automatically reduces the video size with high quality.
- Strong compression: This mode works online and requires a Clideo Pro subscription. It automatically reduces the video size as much as possible while keeping the best quality possible.
Custom: This online mode allows you to adjust the following compression settings:
- Video size: Drag the slider handle to set the size in MB and percentage (if you select the value within the PRO range, you will need to buy a Clideo Pro subscription).
- Fast compression / Best quality: Drag the handle to choose between faster compression speed or better video quality (if you select the Pro value, you will need to buy a Clideo Pro subscription).
- Codec: Keep the original codec or tap to select H.264 (AVC) or H.265 (HEVC).
- Resolution: Keep the original resolution or tap to choose from 144p to 4320p.
- Format: Keep the original format or tap to convert to MOV or MP4.
- To mute your video, select the Remove audio checkbox below the compression options.
Compress and save video
Tap Continue and then do one of the following:
- Tap Compress. If you do not have a Clideo Pro subscription, a watermark will be added to your video.
If you want to remove the watermark, tap Compress without watermark (you will proceed to the Pricing page to buy a Clideo Pro plan).
Do not lock the screen or switch to other apps during the saving process.
- Once you have compressed the file, you can do one of the following:
- To return to editing, tap Back at the top left.
- To view all your projects, tap the four squares icon at the top right.
- To view the downloaded file in your Photos, tap Show in Gallery.
- To compress a new video, tap Compress New Video.
- To share the file, select the social media of your choice or tap Share Video at the bottom.