When you sign in to Clideo tools with either email or social media account, we create your Clideo account automatically if this is the first time you visit our site.
If you sign in to your account and the website still asks you to pay if you are a premium user, you might have used another email or social media account. That is why you create a new account instead of signing in to the already existing one.
Try any of these options to access your account:
- If you do not remember the email address you used, check your email inboxes and see if you have other emails from Clideo with verification or login codes or payments details.
- If you do not remember the social media account you used, try signing in with an email address. When you sign in with a social media account, we save the email associated with this account as your primary email address. Then, in Account settings, check the connected social media accounts.
- Additionally, you can check your social media account settings to see if you have Clideo saved there:
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/settings?tab=applications§ion=active
- Google: https://myaccount.google.com/permissions
If your login details are correct and you still do not see your projects, their storage period might be over. After exporting, we keep the projects in your profile for a specified period of time only.
Don't hesitate to contact our support team if none of the workarounds mentioned earlier have worked for you. We are available from 10 am till 6 pm CET, Monday – Friday.
Clideo iOS applications and web-based Clideo tools are not the same. You cannot access your projects created in any of the apps on the web or the other way around. Read more about an in-app subscription in this article.