Before you start a project in Video Editor, you need to upload your media files: video, audio, and image files. You can upload several files of different types at once or start with just one and upload the others later.
It is possible to upload the following types of files:
- Video: MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, WEBM, FLV, MKV, MPG, MPEG, MTS.
- Audio: MP3, M4A, WAV, FLAC, AAC, AC3, OGA, OGG, OPUS, WMA.
- Images: JPG/JPEG, PNG, GIF (including animated ones), BMP, HEIC.
To upload files, do one of the following:
- In the navigation sidebar, click the + icon, and then click Choose files to choose files from your device.
- In the navigation sidebar, click the + icon, and then click Google Drive or Dropbox icons to choose files from your Google Drive or Dropbox cloud storage.
- Drag and drop files from a folder on your computer or laptop to the webpage.
You can drag and drop files to the webpage from folders on your computer or external drives only.
Browsers do not support dragging and dropping from folders of media devices (phone, tablet, camera) connected to your computer. You will get the error message: Unfortunately, some of the provided files are not supported.
To enable drag and drop to the webpage, transfer the files from your media device to your computer or external drive first.
To view the uploaded files, in the navigation sidebar click Uploads.
To remove files from Uploads, hover over the media thumbnail and click the Delete icon at the top right of the thumbnail. If a file is currently used in the project, all its instances will be also removed from the project along with their settings.