The Audio Cutter tool allows you to trim an audio track by either extracting or deleting the chosen snippet. You can also change the file format.
- Go to the Audio Cutter tool.
To add your audio file, do one of the following:
- Click Choose file to select a file from your device.
- Drag and drop a file from a folder on your computer or laptop to the webpage.
- Hover over the arrow to the right of the button to select a file from your Google Drive, Google Photos, or Dropbox.
You can also add a video file, and the tool will extract an audio track from it.
Once the file is uploaded, you can extract or delete a part of it.
- To extract a part of the audio, drag the yellow handles to specify this part, and then click Extract Selected in the right pane. Alternatively, in the Cut from… section, you can manually set the start and end timestamps.
- To delete a part of the audio, drag the yellow handles to specify this part, and then click Delete Selected in the right pane. Alternatively, in the Cut from… section, you can set the start and end timestamps manually.
Add fade-in and fade-out effects
This option is available if you have clicked the Extract Selected bullet. To gradually increase and decrease the sound volume, select Fade in and Fade out.
Read more about fade effects.
Add a crossfade effect
This option is available if you have clicked the Delete Selected bullet. To add a smooth transition effect between the files, select Crossfade.
Change export formats
To change the export format, select the required file type in the Format list at the bottom.
Export and save your audio
- To save the file, click the Export button at the bottom right and wait for the process to complete.
Once you have exported the project, on the result page, you can do one of the following:
- To review the file, click the Play icon in the Preview pane.
- To save it to your device, click Download.
- To save it to your Google Drive or Dropbox storage account, hover over or click the arrow to the right of the Download button.
- To return to editing, click Edit.
- To proceed with editing in another Clideo tool, under Continue in…, select one of the icons (a Clideo Pro subscription is required).